Our baby girl is due in 11 days. You heard me, 11 days! It is surreal that our lengthy struggle will come to an end in a matter of days. Even though we only have 11 days left, these last few weeks are proving to be the hardest stretch of our wait. Mainly because the harsh reality of adoption (that the birth parents might change their mind) can also happen in just a matter of days. So what am I doing to stay sane? or not sane, some of these things are actually making me a little crazier than usual.
– I always make sure my brows are plucked and hair is straightened, you know in case we have a late night call to the hospital. I need to look good for the pictures. I am sure pregnant woman do this too.
– I turn my phone off several times a day for an hour at a time. Pretty risky, yeah?
– I write out sappy texts to my birth parents about how much I love them and then delete them before I have a chance to send them. I have great self-restraint.
– I knit. Surprise surprise.
– I’m getting into minimalism and reading Zen Habits daily. Check it out. I mean I’ve already parted with books and softball jerseys that I’ve carted around in the last 4 moves. It’s been pretty liberating. Tomorrow I go through the medicine cabinet.